If you’re looking for freelance work, first of all you need to know the requirement of client.
After getting complete detail about project you may consider that this is the simplest work for me. But the main question is how to get this job? How to convince the client?
Bid is the way to describe you in front of client, what you? What you have? What you can achieve for client? Why you’re the one to whom client can hire for his / her work?
Your bid proposal allows you to highlight your background, express yourself and show that you are capable of doing the job or project with accuracy and within the deadline.
A great proposal will make you look more legitimate, authoritative, like you know exactly what you’re doing and you have quality systems in place. When you looks more legitimate, your clients will trust you more.
You should never be arrogant about your potential / abilities, or never seem needy in your wording. A perfect bid cover letter is always helpful, confident and to the point.
Step to bid effectively:
- Read the client’s requirement carefully
- Bid as per need (Do not use scripted bid proposal every time)
- Bid reasonable (Not too low as well as too high)
- Highlight your years of experience (if any).
- Showcase you previous project portfolio (if any)
- Use straightforward bid cover letter to get attention
Fact you need to consider while writing your proposal
- Proposal must look more professional
- Proposal must reflect that you’ll be able to land higher paying clients
- Proposal more likely to be accepted
Never forgot Communication is key.
Once you submit a project, be open to feedback & be willing to revise and make changes to it if the employer wants something different.
“There will be many very skilled freelancers going after the kinds of jobs that you are attracted to doing. The big difference you can have is an insight into what they want from you and how you are perfect to do the work.”
You can get your cover letter under 300 – 350 words and manage to leave your audience required more.
I hope these tips will help to make your bid stand out from the freelance competition.