How to Find and Delete Temporary Files in Windows?
After using your computer for a longer time period sometimes this surprises you that storage of operating system drive is almost full. When you investigate this further you find that there are no such heavy files which you have recently saved on your computer. Then what exactly is responsible for making your hard drive almost full. Well, the answer is temporary files on your computer are responsible for occupying space unexpectedly. If you will not delete them timely these files will keep becoming larger in number and there may be a time when you will face difficulties in saving important data on your computer. In this article, you will find simple ways to find and delete temporary files which will not only help you to get some free hard disk space out of your disk, but this will also help you to enhance your computing experience by managing disk space. There are a lot of temporary file cleaner tools which are available like Disk analyzer pro which works as a disk space analyzer tool.
1.Using Disk clean up wizard to delete temporary files
Thankfully windows are having an inbuilt utility to clean the junk or temporary files from your computer. Here is how you can use these temporary files cleaner on your computer.
- Open My Computer or This PC depending on the version of windows you are using.
- Right click on the drive for which you want to run clean up. You should run this for the operating system drive because most of the temporary files are stored in this drive.
- Go to the properties of the drive on General tab you will find Disk clean up button click on it to initiate the disk cleanup process.
- In the next step you will be asked to choose temporary files which you want to remove from your computer.
- Click Ok to start cleaning up wizard. After few minutes you will find that it has restored lots of free space for you.
2. Cleaning temp files from windows explorer:
It is nothing like if you can destroy the hive of temporary files or in other words, we can say if you can find the location of all temporary files you can delete them from then and there. This will take comparatively lesser time. So here is how you can delete temp files on windows Windows explorer.
- Go to the windows search box and type %temp% and hit enter.
- You will be on the temp folder of app data.
- Now you can choose to select all files at a time and hit delete to wipe away these temporary files.
- Here if you get a dialog box to skip some files from deletion then you can skip them and proceed.
Check the Downloads folder:
Delete Temporary files not necessarily mean the junk on your computer this can include files which you have used once, and they are of no use now. Mostly you can find such files in the downloads folder of your computer. it is a good idea to check downloads folder once in a month or in a week here you can find all those files which you have used just once or twice, and they are of no use now. You can delete them all to spare some free space on your hard drive because some of them may include large size videos or programs which you do not use anymore.
Using a Software to delete temporary files
If you want to keep it simple, then you should leave it on third-party software to erase temporary files. There are many such software available to delete temporary files which can help you to get rid of temporary files. Disk analyzer pro is one of such software from Systweak which do not only clean temporary files, but it also helps in keeping your disk organized because an organized hard disk always works faster and have more space to store new data.
This is how you can find and delete temporary files on your computer. It is a good idea to remove temporary files in windows to speed up your Pc and also keep it in regular practice because temporary files are non-required junk for your computer which is not supposed to be there.