Steps To Bridge The Gap Between Design And Development, Design and development process. Here you will get to know the real difference between the Design And Development.
Design and development always had a clash in between not because they are two completely different fields but because it consists of two different ways of solving problems. To know the real difference between the two you need to have a clear understanding about their aims and how it’s different from one another. In basic terms, designers are occupied with elements like graphic design, user interface, the positioning of menus and colors. Whereas, developers concentrate on working on products that involve coding and developing a site that’s easy for the customers to comprehend and they find an easy solution.
Designers and developers think very differently which makes a difference between the two. One of the best difference between the two is that without development, the design is useless and without design, development is of no use. With regard to this, there are certain tools that can bridge the gap between the design and development. Below are the steps to bridge the gap between design and development.
Gap Between Design And Development
Involve developers in the early stage
Before presenting their designs designers do their thing first and then hand over to the developers. One way of bridging the gap between the two is to bring them together in a mix before getting started. Even if the developers are using tools like Photoshop or sketch etc. get the developers involved. You can include the developers in the early stage such as:
- Including developers in conference calls with customers
- Having to understand of how to design elements
Handoff by designers
Handoff from design and development is critical. When the designers are prepared to present their Photoshop designs and creation in a more organized way that is comprehensive. Doing this will reduce the issues when developers convert those designs into HTML. Make handoff in an organized and productive way.
- Design the files in an organized way: while handing off a design, handoff the design by labeling every layer so developers don’t have to do much work at the end. Use smart objective layers with Photoshop and present it in a way which can be easily used by double-clicking on the layer that will open the new tab. Use color coding to indicate hover states, click states, etc. can be really helpful.
- Go through the designs: After the completion of the design, ask the developers to go through the designs. It will allow you to detect the minor details which have been missed in the process of development.
- Encourage responsiveness: Design should be responsive to all the screen size which will be used to look at the finished product on the website. Be it desktop or a mobile screen.
Communication is a tool which can be used for easy communication. Anyone should be provided the ease to reach out anyone within the organization easily. A failure in communication will harm the designers and developers. Communication styles should be easy or it will result in building gaps.
Share latest design trends
A designer should stay up to date with the latest design trends. Keep sharing interesting articles on your design to keep it beautiful and enticing. It will make your design look more valuable if you keep up with the latest trend.